Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Enforcement Official; Appointment: This title shall be administered and enforced by the director of community development, who shall be appointed by the city council. (1971 Code § 28-9; amd. 2000 Code)
B. Duties: The director of community development shall enforce this title and, in addition thereto and in furtherance of such authority, shall:
1. Determine that all building permits comply with the terms of this title.
2. Conduct inspections of buildings and use of land to determine compliance with the terms of this title.
3. Maintain permanent and current records of this title, including, but not limited to, all maps, amendments and special uses, variances, appeals and applications therefor.
4. Receive, file and forward all applications for appeals, variances, special uses or other matters to the designated official bodies.
5. Institute, in the name of the city, any appropriate actions or proceedings against a violator, as provided by law.
6. Serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the planning commission. (1971 Code § 28-10; amd. 2000 Code)