Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Emergency Regulations: The Mayor or assigned designee may impose emergency water usage regulations by limiting the times and hours, or completely prohibiting water use of the City's water system for sprinkling lawns, landscaping and gardens, irrigation, and other uses. The Mayor or assigned designee must give notice by publication or by posting in the City Hall and other public places.
B. Watering Lawns And Gardens:
1. The watering and sprinkling of lawns and/or gardens from a Municipal water supply system shall be permitted on even numbered days for property with even numbered addresses and on odd numbered days for property with odd numbered addresses; except, that no property may be watered on the thirty first day of any month.
2. Outdoor watering is prohibited between the hours of twelve o'clock (12:00) noon and four o'clock (4:00) P.M.
3. The foregoing limitations shall apply only to property served by City water.
4. A violation of a provision of this subsection is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine or imprisonment or both. Each act of violation and each day on which a violation occurs or continues is a separate violation.
C. Exempt Watering Activities:
1. Hand watering flower beds, washing vehicles, and water apparatus used by children playing are exempt from the even- odd day and time of day watering bans.
2. Watering lawns and landscaping for the first thirty (30) days after the establishment or planting of new lawns or landscaping is permitted with a permit from Public Works.
D. Leak In Service Line: Any owner, occupant, or user of premises who shall discover a leak in a service line to the premises shall notify the Public Works Department within twenty four (24) hours. Any water wasted due to failure of such person to comply with this regulation shall be estimated by the City Water and Wastewater Division and be charged against the owner of such premises at the established rate. (Ord. 986, 7-19-2017)