Skip to code content (skip section selection)
After the initial connection has been made to the sanitary sewer line or to the water system, the responsibility for maintenance and repair shall be as follows:
A. Sanitary Sewer Lines:
1. The owner, occupant, or user of the premises shall be responsible for all maintenance from the premises to the sanitary sewer main.
2. The city shall be responsible for the repair of any break between the curb line and the sewer main.
B. Water Lines:
1. The owner, occupant, or user of the premises shall be responsible for all maintenance and repair of water lines between the premises and the curb stop.
2. The city shall be responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the water lines from the curb stop to the water main.
C. Curb Stop Box Installation:
1. The curb stop box shall be maintained at a height at finished grade of the land or property, and the owner of such property shall not interfere with the same.
2. No structure or driveway shall be installed in such a manner as to interfere with access to the curb stop box.
3. The homeowner shall be responsible to ensure that the curb stop box remains at finished grade where there is any landscaping or where grade changes are made.
D. Grease Interceptors: All restaurants and grease producing facilities shall make all necessary provisions to supply and maintain approved grease interceptors as per the state plumbing code.
E. Definition: "Maintenance", as used in this section, shall include repair of any break, cleaning and/or removal of roots, debris, or clogs between the premises and the sewer main. (Ord. 672, 11-17-1999)