Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Town President/Mayor To Act As Commissioner: The town president/mayor shall be the local liquor control commissioner and shall be charged with the administration of this chapter and of the appropriate provisions of the Illinois liquor control act, and may appoint a person or persons to assist him in the exercise of the powers and the performance of the duties herein provided for such local liquor control commissioner.
B. Powers And Duties: The local liquor control commissioner shall also have the following powers, functions and duties with respect to licenses issued under the provisions of this chapter:
1. To grant or suspend for not more than thirty (30) days or revoke for cause all local licenses issued to persons for premises within the town;
2. To enter or to authorize any law enforcing officer to enter at any time upon any premises licensed hereunder to determine whether any of the provisions of this chapter or of the Illinois liquor control act or any rules or regulations adopted by the local liquor control commissioner or by the Illinois liquor control commission have been or are being violated, and at such time to examine said premises of said licensee in connection therewith;
3. To notify the secretary of state where a club incorporated under the general not for profit corporation act of 1986 or a foreign corporation functioning as a club in this state under a certificate of authority issued under that act has violated this act by selling or offering for sale at retail alcoholic liquors without a retailer's license;
4. To receive complaints from any citizen that any of the provisions of the Illinois liquor control act or any rules or regulations adopted pursuant thereto or any provisions of this chapter have been or are being violated, and to act upon such complaints in the manner provided by the statute and this chapter;
5. To order, upon the issuance of a written order, the licensed premises closed for not more than seven (7) days, giving the licensee an opportunity to be heard during that period, if the local liquor control commissioner has reason to believe that any continued operation of a particular licensed premises will immediately threaten the welfare of the community. Except that if such licensee shall also be engaged in the conduct of another business or businesses on the licensed premises, such order shall not be applicable to such other business or businesses; and
6. To receive local license fees and pay the same forthwith to the town.
C. Agents Of The Commissioner: The town president/mayor may appoint a person or persons to assist him or her in the exercise of the powers and the performance of the duties provided for in this chapter. When in this chapter the local liquor control commissioner shall be referred to, it shall include any committee or agent appointed by the local liquor control commissioner.
(Ord. 2007-15, 4-23-2007, eff. 5-4-2007; amd. Ord. 2014-05, 7-28-2014; Ord. 2019-16, 8-26-2019, eff. 9-13-2019)