Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Survey monuments and markers shall be placed at all points as determined by the city. Size, length, material and design of monuments shall be in accordance with the standards established by the city.
(B) General city requirements or standards shall meet the following criteria:
(1) Monuments shall be of concrete with a 3/8-inch metal dowel in the center at the top. Monument size shall be no less than 6 x 6 x 18 inches.
(2) Markers shall be ferrous metal pipe or rods, 1/2-inch minimum diameter by 24 inches minimum length, or may be standard manufactured steel survey markers of a similar length.
(3) Monuments and markers shall be placed so that the center point shall coincide with the intersection of lines to be marked.
(4) Monuments shall be placed so that they protrude approximately two inches above grade in areas which are not paved, at grade if in a paved area not subject to vehicle traffic, and four to eight inches below grade if in a paved area subject to vehicle traffic. Monuments set in areas subject to traffic shall be protected with a city-approved cast iron frame and access cover of adequate design for truck traffic.
(5) Markers shall be driven into the ground so as to be approximately flush with the final grade.
(6) Monuments shall be set at the major intersection of all lines forming angles in the boundary of the subdivision, for major subdivisions and at the intersection of all street lines.
(7) Markers shall be set at all lot angles and corners, and at the beginning and end of all curves in lot and street lines. Curves for corner radii at intersections need not be marked if the intersection is monumented.
(Ord. 1286, passed 6-7-1982)