Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Adoption of plan. The city officially adopts the CDBG Citizen Participation Plan.
(B) Income reutilization. Program income under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is defined as any gross income received by a grantee, or its recipient, directly generated by the use of CDBG funds. The city is a CDBG entitlement recipient under the state’s program. Accordingly, the city hereby adopts the following Program Income Reutilization Plan. This Plan shall pertain to all program income generated by the grantee or by any of its subrecipients, unless a separate agreement is developed for that subrecipient.
(1) Program income will be reviewed, not less than annually, through a public participation process including a formal media notice, a public hearing, and formal action at a public meeting identifying the total program income, the activity to which the program income is being committed, and the federal fiscal year contract to which it is being assigned.
(2) All activities for which program income is to be utilized shall comply with 24 C.F.R. part 570, meeting the federal guidelines for both eligibility and one of the three national objectives.
(3) The city may set aside up to 20% of identified CDBG program income for the purposes of administration and planning.
(4) Program income designated to a project shall be applied to costs associated with that project before other community development block grant entitlement funds are drawn down for the purposes of said project activity.
(5) Program income shall be reported in all audits and reports prepared and/or released by the city.
(6) Program income shall be reported to CDBG in accordance with their reporting requirements or not less than annually.
(Res.16-14, passed 10-3-2016; Res. 16-15, passed 10-3-2016; Res. 17-16, passed 10-2-2017)