Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) This section shall be known as “The Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG Organizational Ordinance”.
(B) The purpose of this section is to promote the order, convenience, prosperity and general welfare of the city in its participation in the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG and its cooperative programs as authorized by the Intergovernmental Cooperation Law of 1996, as may in the future be amended.
(C) The city hereby accepts membership into the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG and shall remain a member unless and until such time as the City Council shall repeal the ordinance establishing its membership and provide notice in writing to the remaining member governments of the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG in accordance with the COG bylaws.
(D) The city hereby approves adoption of the bylaws of the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG, which bylaws as approved by the COG shall be incorporated in this section by reference. The City Council is authorized by resolution duly adopted to approve future modifications or amendments of such bylaws on behalf of the city.
(E) The City Council is hereby authorized to appropriate monies from the governmental funds of the city as approved by resolution duly adopted in accordance with the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG bylaws to:
(1) Pay any membership fees and/or dues in the COG;
(2) Pay the city’s proportionate share of any other miscellaneous administrative fees and costs; and
(3) Pay the city’s proportionate share of any program assessments for projects or programs undertaken through the COG in which the city participates.
(F) In accordance with the bylaws of the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG, the following provisions shall apply to appointment and service of city delegates to the COG.
(1) The City Council shall appoint annually one designated delegate and not less than one alternate delegate to attend all COG meetings and to speak and vote on behalf of city and shall provide written notification of these appointments to the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG Chairperson by December 15 in accordance with the COG bylaws.
(2) The city’s designated delegate and/or alternate delegate may exercise only such authority in proceedings of the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG as has been delegated by the city and the COG.
(3) To the extent that any act or action by the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG requires performance of an official act or approval by the city, such act or action by the COG shall not bind the city until such time as the City Council by resolution or ordinance so adopted has approved participation by the city in such act or action.
(4) The city’s delegate and alternate delegate(s) to the Northwest Pennsylvania Tri-County COG shall report to the City Council concerning all activities of the COG.
(Ord. 1414-99-2, passed 7-19-1999)