Skip to code content (skip section selection)
THIS AGREEMENT, made and entered into this day of 20 , by and between
(hereinafter the “Landowner”), and , Erie County, Pennsylvania, (hereinafter “City of Corry”);
WHEREAS, the Landowner is the owner of certain real property as recorded by deed in the land records of Erie County, Pennsylvania, Deed Book at Page , (hereinafter “Property”).
WHEREAS, the Landowner is proceeding to build and develop the Property; and
WHEREAS, the SWM Site Plan approved by the City of Corry (hereinafter referred to as the “Plan”) for the property identified herein, which is attached hereto as Appendix A and made part hereof, as approved by the City of Corry, provides for management of stormwater within the confines of the Property through the use of BMPs; and
WHEREAS, the City of Corry, and the Landowner, his successors and assigns, agree that the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of the City of Corry and the protection and maintenance of water quality require that on-site SWM BMPs be constructed and maintained on the Property; and
WHEREAS, the City of Corry requires, through the implementation of the SWM Site Plan, that stormwater BMPs as required by said Plan and the City of Corry Stormwater Management Ordinance be constructed and adequately operated and maintained by the Landowner, successors and assigns.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing promises, the mutual covenants contained herein, and the following terms and conditions, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. The Landowner shall construct the BMPs in accordance with the plans and specifications identified in the SWM Site Plan.
2. The Landowner shall operate and maintain the BMPs as shown on the Plan in good working order in accordance with the specific maintenance requirements noted on the approved SWM Site Plan.
3. The Landowner hereby grants permission to the City of Corry, its authorized agents, and employees, to enter upon the property, at reasonable times and upon presentation of proper credentials, to inspect the BMPs whenever necessary. Whenever possible, the City of Corry shall notify the Landowner prior to entering the property.
4. In the event the Landowner fails to operate and maintain the BMPs per paragraph 2, the City of Corry or its representatives may enter upon the Property and take whatever action is deemed necessary to maintain said BMPs. It is expressly understood and agreed that the City of Corry is under no obligation to maintain or repair said facilities, and in no event shall this Agreement be construed to impose any such obligation on the City of Corry.
5. In the event the City of Corry, pursuant to this Agreement, performs work of any nature, or expends any funds in performance of said work for labor, use of equipment, supplies, materials, and the like, the Landowner shall reimburse the City of Corry for all expenses (direct and indirect) incurred within ten (10) days of receipt of invoice from the City of Corry.
6. The intent and purpose of this Agreement is to ensure the proper maintenance of the onsite BMPs by the Landowner; provided, however, that this Agreement shall not be deemed to create or effect any additional liability of any party for damage alleged to result from or be caused by stormwater runoff.
7. The Landowner, its executors, administrators, assigns, and other successors in interests, shall release the City of Corry from all damages, accidents, casualties, occurrences or claims which might arise or be asserted against said employees and representatives from the construction, presence, existence, or maintenance of the BMPs by the Landowner or City of Corry.
8. The City of Corry may inspect the BMPs at a minimum of once every three years to ensure their continued functioning.
This Agreement shall be recorded at the Office of the Recorder of Deeds of Erie County, Pennsylvania, and shall constitute a covenant running with the Property and/or equitable servitude, and shall be binding on the Landowner, his administrators, executors, assigns, heirs and any other successors in interests, in perpetuity.
WITNESS the following signatures and seals:
(SEAL) For the City of Corry:
For the Landowner:
(City, Borough, Township)
County of Erie, Pennsylvania
I, , a Notary Public in and for the County and State aforesaid, whose commission expires on the day of , 20 do hereby certify that whose name(s) is/are signed to the foregoing Agreement bearing date of the day of , 20 , has acknowledged the same before me in my said County and State.
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND THIS day of , 20 .
NOTARY PUBLIC (SEAL)
(Ord. 1508, passed 12-20-2010)