Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Administration and enforcement of the Code within this city shall be undertaken in any of the following ways as determined by the governing body of this city from time to time by resolution:
(1) By the designation of an employee of the city to serve as the Municipal Code Official to act on behalf of the city;
(2) By the retention of one or more Construction Code Officials or third-party agencies to act on behalf of the city;
(3) By agreement with one or more other municipalities for the joint administration and enforcement of this Act through an inter-municipal agreement;
(4) By entering into a contract with another municipality for the administration and enforcement of this Act on behalf of the city; or
(5) By entering into an agreement with the state’s Department of Labor and Industry for plan review, inspections and enforcement of structures other than one-family or two-family dwelling units and utility and miscellaneous use structures.
(B) All services pertaining to review and approval of construction plans, UCC applications for construction permits, inspection or construction, consideration of requests for variances or extensions of time under the UCC, administrative enforcement of the UCC and this subchapter, issuance of a UCC certificate of occupancy, notices to the city’s Zoning Administrator and representation in proceedings before the Board of Appeals, and as witness(es) in civil or criminal enforcement proceedings prosecuted by the city shall be performed by the Building Code Official(s), Construction Code Official(s) and other persons employed or contracted by the firm retained by the city under written contract to provide such services.
(Ord. 1450, passed 6-21-2004)