Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The coordinator or its designees shall have the right to enter the property and premises of any user to determine whether the user is complying with all requirements of this chapter and any wastewater discharge permit or order issued hereunder.
(B) Users shall allow the coordinator ready access to all parts of the premises for the purposes of inspection, sampling, records examination and copying, and the performance of any additional duties.
(1) Where a user has security measures in force which require proper identification and clearance before entry into its premises, the user shall make necessary arrangements with its security guards so that, upon presentation of suitable identification, the coordinator will be permitted to enter without delay for the purposes of performing specific responsibilities.
(2) The coordinator shall have the right to set up on or off the user’s property, and/or require installation of, such devices as are necessary to conduct sampling and/or metering of the user’s operations and discharge.
(3) The coordinator may require the user to install monitoring equipment as necessary. The facility’s sampling and monitoring equipment shall be maintained at all times in a safe and proper operating condition by the user at its own expense. All devices used to measure wastewater flow and quality shall be calibrated semi-annually or otherwise as required by the coordinator to ensure their accuracy.
(4) Any temporary or permanent obstruction to safe and easy access to the facility to be inspected and/or sampled shall be promptly removed by the user at the written or verbal request of the coordinator and shall not be replaced. The costs of clearing such access shall be borne by the user.
(5) Unreasonable delays in allowing the coordinator access to the user’s premises shall be a violation of this chapter.
(Ord. 1433, passed 7-1-2002) Penalty, see § 52.999