Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) All categorical standard users of the city POTW shall provide the city with a copy of all reports, documents and certifications required to be provided to USEPA pursuant to 40 C.F.R. part 403.
(2) Within either 180 days after the effective date of a categorical pretreatment standard, or the final administrative decision on a category determination under 40 C.F.R. § 403.6(a)(4), whichever is later, existing categorical users currently discharging to or scheduled to discharge to the POTW shall submit to the coordinator a report which contains the information listed in division (B) below. Within 90 days following the commencement of their discharge to the POTW, new categorical users, and sources that become categorical users subsequent to the promulgation of an applicable categorical standard, shall submit to the coordinator a report which contains the information listed in division (B) below. A new source shall report the method of pretreatment it intends to use to meet applicable categorical standards. A new source also shall give estimates of its anticipated flow and quantity of pollutants to be discharged.
(B) Categorical users described above shall submit the information set forth below:
(1) Identifying information. The name and address of the facility, including the name of the operator and owner;
(2) Environmental permits. A list of any environmental control permits held by or for the facility;
(3) Description of operations. A brief description of the nature, average rate of production, and standard industrial classifications of the operation(s) carried out by such user. This description should include a schematic process diagram which indicates points of discharge to the POTW from the regulated processes;
(4) Flow measurement. Information showing the measured average daily and maximum daily flow, in gallons per day, to the POTW from regulated process streams and other streams, as necessary, to allow use of the combined wastestream formula set out in 40 C.F.R. § 403.6(e);
(5) Measurement of pollutants.
(a) The categorical pretreatment standards applicable to each regulated process.
(b) The results of sampling and analysis identifying the nature and concentration, and/or mass, where required by the standard or by the coordinator, of regulated pollutants in the discharge from each regulated process. Instantaneous, daily maximum, and long-term average concentrations, or mass, where required, shall be reported. The sample shall be representative of daily operations and shall be analyzed in accordance with procedures set out in § 52.094.
(c) Sampling must be performed in accordance with procedures set out in § 52.095.
(6) Certification. A statement, reviewed by the user’s authorized representative and certified by a qualified professional, indicating whether pretreatment standards are being met on a consistent basis, and, if not, whether additional operation and maintenance (O&M) and/or additional pretreatment is required to meet the pretreatment standards and requirements;
(7) Compliance schedule. If additional pretreatment and/or O&M will be required to meet the pretreatment standards, the shortest schedule by which the user will provide such additional pretreatment and/or O&M. The completion date in this schedule shall not be later than the compliance date established for the applicable pretreatment standard. A compliance schedule pursuant to this section must meet the requirements set out in § 52.086; and
(8) Signature and certification. All baseline monitoring reports must be signed and certified in accordance with § 52.065.
(Ord. 1433, passed 7-1-2002)