Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All Board meetings shall be conducted under Robert’s Rules of Order.
(B) If a quorum of the Township Board is present, a Board meeting shall be called to order promptly at the time announced for the meeting.
(C) Each Board member shall fully participate in Board meetings by doing the following:
(1) Prepare for Board meetings by reading their packets and conducting necessary research ahead of time in order to fully participate in discussions;
(2) Help the chair keep meeting moving;
(3) Limit remarks to issue being considered;
(4) Ask questions for clarification;
(5) Respect colleagues’ rights;
(6) Refrain from speaking out of turn and interrupting other speakers;
(7) Actively listen;
(8) Listen courteously and attentively to all public discussions before the Board;
(9) Explain reasons behind significant decisions during the discussion before voting;
(10) Raise concerns and objections at a meeting, rather than after;
(11) Express disagreement verbally, rather than non-verbally;
(12) Criticize constructively and in private; and
(13) Vote with a clear audible voice.
(Board and Administrative Policies Manual, § 2.22)