Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All swimming pools erected in the township shall comply with the following requirements.
(A) Application. The application for a building permit to erect a swimming pool shall include the name of the owner, the manner of supervision of the pool, a plot plan and location of adjacent buildings, fencing, gates and other detailed information affecting construction and safety measures deemed necessary by the Zoning Administrator.
(B) Pool location.
(1) Minimum side yard setback shall comply with the schedule of regulations in § 154.044.
(2) Furthermore, the pool fence must not be built within the required front yard or required corner lot side yard.
(3) Rear yard setback shall be not less than four feet between the outside wall of the pool and the rear property line or less than the established easement width at the rear property line or less than four feet between the pool wall and any building on the lot.
(1) For the protection of the general public, all swimming pools shall be completely enclosed by a fence not less than four feet high.
(2) All openings in any such fence shall be equipped with a gate which shall be securely locked with a tamper-proof lock when the pool is not in use.
(Ord. 1, passed 11-13-2000, § 14.1)