Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Statement of purpose. The purposes of the Mobile Home Park District is to encourage a suitable environment for persons and families that by preference choose to live in a mobile home rather than a conventional single-family structure. In keeping with the occupancy characteristics of contemporary mobile homes, this section establishes low density standards and permitted uses that reflect the needs of residents in the district. Development is limited to mobile homes when located in a subdivision designed for that purpose or a mobile home park with recreation facilities, churches, schools and necessary public utility buildings.
(B) Permitted principal uses. The following provisions apply in all RMH, Residential Mobile Home Districts. Any use not expressly permitted is prohibited:
(1) Mobile home parks, subject to the requirements as established and regulated by the Mobile Home Commission Act, Public Act 96 of 1987, being M.C.L.A. §§ 125.2301 through 125.2350, as amended;
(2) Mobile home subdivisions provided that minimum lot sizes and yard spaces shall be:
5,000 sq. ft.
7,200 sq. ft.
Minimum front yard
Minimum side yard
Minimum rear yard
(3) Accessory uses and buildings customarily incidental to the above permitted principal uses.
(C) Special land uses. The following special land uses shall be permitted subject to the standards hereinafter imposed and § 154.045:
(1) Public utility buildings and uses, but not including service and storage yard, when operating requirements necessitate locating within the district to serve the immediate vicinity;
(2) Nursery schools, day nurseries and child care centers (not including dormitories); provided that for each child so cared for, there shall be provided and maintained a minimum of 150 square feet of outdoor play. Such play space shall have a total minimum area of not less than 5,000 square feet and shall be screened from any adjoining lot in any residential district; and
(3) Temporary buildings for use incidental to construction work for a period not to exceed one year.
(D) Area, height, bulk and placement requirements. Area, height, bulk and placement requirements unless otherwise specified are as provided in § 154.044.
(Ord. 1, passed 11-13-2000, § 3.5)