Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Township records, books and papers shall not be kept where they will be exposed to an unusual hazard of fire or theft or other damage.
(B) In the event of damage to township records, township personnel, at the direction of the Clerk shall, at minimum:
(1) Contact the township’s risk manager and insurance agent;
(2) Determine the type of damage to records (fire, smoke, chemical, clean water, dirty water, heat, humidity);
(3) Determine which records have been damaged;
(4) Determine the types of materials that have been damaged (paper, film/microfiche, computer files, CDs/DVDs and the like); and
(5) Begin salvage according to applicable state standards and best practices for document salvage.
(Board and Administrative Policies Manual, § 6.23)