(A)   The Township Board may hire independent contractors to provide specialized or requested services on a project or as-needed basis.
   (B)   All independent contractors will have the following:
      (1)   A written contract between the township and the contractor;
      (2)   A federal identification number or Social Security number if a sole proprietor;
      (3)   Proof of liability and workers’ compensation insurance;
      (4)   A completed W-9 form; and
      (5)   Evidence of a legitimate business (e.g., business license, registration, government issued ID card and the like).
(Board and Administrative Policies Manual, § 5.6)