Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) New accounts. In order to detect any of the red flags identified above associated with the opening of a new account, township personnel shall take the following steps to obtain and verify the identity of the person opening the account:
(1) Require certain identifying information, such as name, date of birth, residential or business address, principal place of business for an entity, driver’s license or other identification;
(2) Verify the customer’s identity (for instance, review a driver’s license or other identification card);
(3) Review documentation showing the existence of a business entity; and
(4) Independently contact the customer.
(B) Existing accounts. In order to detect any of the red flags identified above for an existing account, township personnel shall take the following steps to monitor transactions with an account:
(1) Verify the identification of customers if they request information (in person, via telephone, via facsimile, via e-mail);
(2) Verify the validity of requests to change billing addresses; and
(3) Verify changes in banking information given for billing and payment purposes.
(Board and Administrative Policies Manual, § 4.77)