Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Criteria established. The Common Council hereby reserves the right pursuant to I.C. 5-22-14-3 to establish criteria for determining qualifications as a small business and to identify specific supplies for small business set-aside purchases.
(B) Qualifications. A business qualifies as a small business if it:
(1) Is independently owned and operated;
(2) Is not dominant in its field of operation; and
(3) Qualifies as a small business under standards established by the Indiana Department of Commerce.
(C) Businesses that are not small businesses.
(1) A wholesale business, if its average annual sales for its most recently completed fiscal year exceeds $4,000,000;
(2) A construction business, if its average annual receipts for the preceding three fiscal years exceeds $4,000,000;
(3) A retail business or business selling services, if its annual sales and receipts exceed $500,000; and
(4) A manufacturing business, if it employs more than 100 persons.
(1980 Code, § 34.19) (Ord. 2001-3, passed 3-13-2001)