Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Defined. MOBILE FOOD TRUCK. A mobile vehicle, including a truck and/or trailer, for the cooking and selling of food.
(B) Permit. There shall be a special, annual permit for mobile food trucks that meet the criteria set forth in division (C) below. Permit fee schedules will be maintained in the City Clerk’s Office, and may be amended by the Board of Public Works and Safety from time to time.
(C) Criteria, rules and polices. A mobile food truck operator may be entitled to apply for an annual permit under the following conditions:
(1) Anyone operating a mobile food truck must comply with all applicable city and state health department laws and regulations, and must maintain compliance while operating under a city mobile food truck permit.
(2) Mobile food truck operators must comply with and apply for their permit pursuant to Chapter 114, as amended or replaced.
(3) Mobile food trucks may not engage in selling food or beverages between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. in a public right-of-way.
(4) All equipment used or provided shall be in good repair, and shall meet the standards required in 410 I.A.C. 7-24, as amended, and I.C. Ch. 16.
(5) All mobile food trucks shall meet the requirements as set forth by the city, as amended from time to time. Such requirements shall be available to any mobile food truck operator requesting a permit, and may be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office.
(6) Food must be vended from the curb and not the street side of the mobile food truck.
(7) In the event a food truck operator changes the product sold, as was approved on the operator’s city permit, an amended permit shall be applied for at the City Clerk’s Office and obtained at no additional cost to the operator. The new product to be sold must still meet all city requirements and the regulations of this section.
(8) In the event the food truck operator is operating under a separate provision of the city’s code of ordinances (e.g., festivals), the food truck operator shall comply with the rules and regulations of the separate provision.
(9) All mobile food trucks shall be equipped at all times with an operating and up to Code 5 lb. ABC fire extinguisher.
(10) The food truck operator shall comply with all city parking regulations.
(11) Violations of any provisions set forth herein or requirements established by the city, as amended from time to time, may result in revocation of the food truck operator’s permit and a penalty in the amount of $100 per day that the food truck operator continues its operation without a permit.
(12) All other relevant provisions of this chapter shall apply to the operation of mobile food trucks.
(Ord. 2015-8, passed 3-10-2015; Am. Ord. 2015-17, passed 5-12-2015; Am. Ord. 2019-11, passed 5-28-2019)