Skip to code content (skip section selection)
No person shall begin a land-disturbing activity or redevelopment subject to this chapter without receiving approval of a stormwater pollution prevention plan. An application should be made after the initial coordination meeting with the city. By submitting an application, the applicant is implying that the city has been given permission to enter the site to obtain information required for review of the stormwater pollution prevention plan. This permit is in addition to a General Stormwater Permit (Rule 5) required under 327 IAC 15-5.
(A) Content of stormwater pollution prevention plan. At a minimum, the stormwater pollution prevention plan shall include a project narrative, a vicinity map, construction plans and calculations. A detailed listing of the plan requirements can be found in the Stormwater Development Manual.
(B) Review of the stormwater pollution prevention plan. The city shall review the application and the stormwater pollution prevention plan in conjunction with the subdivision plan and local improvement permit application to determine whether the requirements of this chapter have been met. If the conditions are not met, the city shall inform the applicant in writing and either may require additional information or may disapprove the plan. If requested, additional information shall be submitted. The city shall again determine whether the plan meets the requirements of this chapter. If the plan is disapproved, the city shall inform the applicant in writing, giving reasons for disapproval.
(C) Permit Duration. Permits issued under this section shall be valid from the date of issuance through the date the city notifies the permit holder that all stormwater management practices have passed the final inspection required under permit condition.
(D) Surety Bond. As a condition of approval and issuance of the permit, the city may require the applicant to provide a surety bond or an irrevocable letter of credit, if one is not already included in the development project permit issued by the city, when the stormwater pollution prevention plan has been approved to guarantee a good faith execution of the stormwater pollution prevention plan and any permit conditions.
(1) Notify the city at least 24 hours before commencing any construction of stormwater management measures;
(2) Notify the city of the completion of stormwater management measures within seven days after their initial site installation;
(3) Obtain approval from the city prior to implementing any changes to the most recently approved stormwater pollution prevention plan;
(4) Install all stormwater quality measures as identified in the approved stormwater pollution prevention plan;
(5) Maintain all road drainage systems, stormwater drainage systems, erosion control measures, and other facilities identified in the stormwater pollution prevention plan until the project has been terminated (See § 156.09 for continuing maintenance responsibility);
(6) Where legal, remove sediment resulting from land-disturbing activities from adjacent surfaces and drainageways and/or repair erosion damage to adjacent surfaces and drainageways; and
(7) Allow the city to enter the site for verifying compliance with the stormwater pollution prevention plan or for the performing of any work necessary to bring the site into compliance with the stormwater pollution prevention plan.
(Ord. 2005-30, passed 8-23-2005)