Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Roosters; Cocks: It shall be unlawful for any person to own or keep any rooster or cock within the City.
B. Hoofed Pets: It shall be unlawful for any person to keep any:
1. Unaltered male hoofed pets over the age of two (2) months.
2. Hoofed pet with horns or horn buds over the age of two (2) months.
C. Hogs; Pigs: It shall be unlawful for any person to own or keep any hogs or pigs within the City.
D. Exception: Potbellied pigs may be owned or kept within the City under the following conditions:
1. The owner or keeper of a potbellied pig must register the pig with the City's animal control services provider immediately after acquiring the animal. The fee for the required potbellied pig registration shall be twelve dollars ($12.00).
2. Potbellied pigs shall not exceed one hundred (100) pounds.
3. Potbellied pigs are limited to two (2) per household or dwelling. The maximum number of dogs, cats and pigs in any household or dwelling shall not exceed four (4) total animals.
4. Prior to the age of four (4) months all potbellied pigs must be tattooed or implanted with a microchip containing identifying information.
5. Female potbellied pigs shall be spayed and male potbellied pigs shall be neutered by the age of four (4) months. No unaltered male or female pigs shall be kept or permitted to breed within the City limits.
6. Potbellied pigs must at all times wear a harness bearing an identification tag including the owner's name, address and telephone number.
7. When off the owner's or keeper's property, all potbellied pigs must be on a leash less than ten feet (10') in length and under the control of the owner or keeper.
8. Potbellied pigs must be provided adequate food, water, exercise, shelter, veterinary care and otherwise comply with the provisions of this article.
9. Owners and keepers of potbellied pigs shall be liable for any damage caused by the pig to public or private property.
11. Owners and keepers of potbellied pigs are exempt from the provisions of subsection 7.3.105L of this Code.
It shall be unlawful to own or keep a potbellied pig in violation of any of the above conditions. (1968 Code §§11-117, 11-143.10; Ord. 74-59; Ord. 74-114; Ord. 91-32; Ord. 01-42; Ord. 06-105; Ord. 14-28)