Any defendant who is found guilty by the Referee and against whom a penalty has been imposed may appeal that decision to the Municipal Court by filing a written request for the action with the Court Administrator within ten (10) days of the Referee's decision. Upon the filing of the request, the Referee's decision shall be deemed vacated, the defendant deemed to have entered a plea of not guilty and the case shall be set for trial de novo before the Municipal Court in the same manner as cases not heard in the first instance by the Referee. If a request is not made within the allowable ten (10) day period, the order of the Referee shall be final. In no instance shall the Referee testify on appeal regarding any action previously before the Referee. (Ord. 84-128; Ord. 95-180; Ord. 01-42; Ord. 04-70)