A.   No qualifying ground disturbing activity may be commenced until a permit is issued unless a Site Development Permit has been issued previously.
   B.   An application for a Ground Disturbance Permit shall be submitted to the City Engineer or designee on a form provided by the Streets and Engineering Department for all projects involving qualifying ground disturbing activities.  The following information shall be required in the application:
      1.   Name, address, and telephone number of the owner of the property;
      2.   Name, address, and telephone number of the applicant, if different from the owner of the property;
      3.   If the owner of the property and applicant are different, written consent of the owner of the property for the proposed activity;
      4.   Name, address, and telephone number of the contractor performing the work, if different from the owner of the property;
      5.   Legal description of the property including the parcel number and, if available, street address;
      6.   A description of the work proposed to be done, including an estimate of the amount of soil to be moved, removed, and/or added;
      7.   A site plan, drawn to scale, including property boundaries, north arrow, adjacent roads and storm drains, location of the proposed work, and distances to property lines and prominent features of the property; and
      8.   An erosion and sediment control plan, signed and stamped by an engineer or landscape architect licensed in the state of Idaho, which shall contain the following:
         a.   A thorough description of the facility construction, the grading and filling of the site, clearing vegetation from the site, resulting slopes, runoff potential, soil depth, erosion potential, and natural drainage;
         b.   Contours at two foot (2') intervals for slopes up to fifteen percent (15%) and five foot (5') intervals for slopes over fifteen percent (15%), showing the topography of the ground to be graded, filled, or cleared, and the topography of the ground within fifteen feet (15') of the site, before and after the proposed site work.  Spot elevations must be provided at high and low points, grade breaks, and inlets to drainage control structures;
         c.   Elevations, proposed grading, dimensions, and location of proposed construction, including calculated quantities of soil to be moved;
         d.   The type and location of all temporary and permanent runoff control methods, including those to be used during construction to prevent the discharge of degraded runoff water into surface water;
         e.   Slope stabilization methods to be employed, identifying the location, design and specifications for slope stabilization that will be utilized during and after construction of the project;
         f.   Revegetation/remediation strategy, specifying the methods to be used following completion of the project; and
         g.   A copy of the notice of intent (NOI), as required by the EPA, for projects greater than one (1) acre in size, or less than one (1) acre which is part of a larger project totaling more than one (1) acre, and having the potential for runoff discharge to the surface waters of the United States.
   C.   All applications must be accompanied by the fee adopted by Resolution of the City Council.
   D.   Upon receipt of a complete application, the City Engineer or designee shall perform a site inspection and shall approve the application if the erosion and sediment control plan is sufficient to prevent soil and sediment from leaving the site.  The City Engineer shall base his/her decision on best management practices (BMP), City ordinances and policies, and sound engineering principles.
   E.   A copy of the permit, together with the approved erosion and sediment control plan, must be available for review by City officials at the site whenever work is being conducted.
   F.   The City Engineer may waive the requirement for an erosion and sediment control plan for minor improvements which present minimal risk of soil or sediment leaving the site.  Such waiver must be in writing and is subject to withdrawal if work changes or if the information on which the waiver was based is determined to be incorrect.
   G.   The applicant and owner shall be responsible for the design and construction of revised erosion and sediment control if the approved plan fails.  The applicant and/or owner shall immediately notify the City Engineer or designee of any alteration in the plan. (Ord. 3660 § 1, 2020)