Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Issuance of an Order: The Mayor will prepare a written order and publish it pursuant to this section.
B. Notice to the City Council: Following the issuance of any order authorized by this chapter, the Mayor will advise the City Council at a properly noticed public meeting of the issuance of the order and the basis for its issuance as soon as is reasonably practicable but no later than seven (7) days after the date that the order is issued.
C. Council Veto: The City Council may reverse or alter the order issued by the Mayor by a majority vote of the full City Council.
D. Publication of Public Health Emergency Order: As soon as possible and prudent under the circumstances, the Mayor will cause a Public Health Emergency Order to be published as follows:
1. Posting the order in a prominent place at the Coeur d'Alene City Hall;
2. Posting the order on the City's website;
3. E-mailing the order to all persons subscribed to City e-mail notification services;
4. Posting the order to all City social media accounts;
5. Providing the order to local media outlets; and
6. Notifying other government agencies, including Coeur d'Alene School District, Local Highway Districts, and Panhandle Health District.
Except as may be specifically stated in the Public Health Emergency Order, such order will be effective upon posting at the Coeur d'Alene City Hall. (Ord. 3649 §1, 2020)