Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Zoning permits shall be issued in accordance with the following provisions.
(A) Zoning permit required. No land shall be used, or building or other structure shall be erected, moved, added to, structurally altered, or changed from one permitted use to another, nor shall any grading take place on any lot or parcel of ground without a permit, issued by the administrative official. No zoning permit shall be issued except in conformity with the provisions of this chapter, except after written orders from the Board of Adjustments.
(B) Application for zoning permits. All applications for zoning permits shall be accompanied by:
(1) A completed application form provided by the administrative official;
(2) The required fee for a zoning permit, as provided for in the Appendix of this chapter;
(3) An approved development plan or site plan, if required by this chapter; or
(4) A plot plan, in duplicate, drawn at a scale of not less than one inch to 50 feet, showing the following information as required by this chapter:
(a) The location of every existing and proposed building, including dimensions and height, and the number, size, and type of dwelling units;
(b) All property lines, shape, and dimensions of the lot to be built upon;
(c) Lot width at building setback line;
(d) Minimum front and rear yard depths and side yard widths;
(e) Existing topography, with a maximum of five-foot contour intervals;
(f) Total lot area in square feet;
(g) Location and dimensions of all access points, driveways, and off-street parking spaces;
(h) A drainage plan of the lot and its relationship to adjacent properties, including spot elevations of the proposed finished grade, and provisions for adequate control of erosion and sedimentation, indicating the proposed temporary and permanent control practices and measures which will be implemented during all phases of clearing, grading, and construction;
(i) All sidewalks, walkways, and open spaces;
(j) Location, type, and height of all walls, fences, and screen plantings;
(k) Location of all existing and proposed streets, including rights-of way and pavement widths; and
(l) All existing and proposed water and sanitary and storm sewer facilities to serve the lot, indicating all pipe sizes, types, and grades.
(C) Issuance of zoning permit. The administrative official shall either approve or disapprove the application following any required review by the Planning Commission, or its duly authorized representative.
(1) If disapproved, one copy of the submitted plans shall be returned to the applicant marked “disapproved” and shall indicate the reasons for such disapproval thereon. Such disapproval shall be attested by the administrative official’s signature. The other copy, similarly marked, shall be retained by the administrative official.
(2) If approved, one copy of the submitted plans shall be returned to the applicant, marked “approved.” Such approval shall be attested by the administrative official’s signature. The other copy, similarly marked, shall be retained by the administrative official. The administrative official shall also issue a zoning permit to the applicant at this time and shall retain a duplicate copy for his or her records.
(D) Failure to comply. Failure to obtain a zoning permit shall be a violation of this chapter and punishable under § 153.999 of this chapter.
(E) Expiration of zoning permit. If a building permit, as required herein, has not been obtained within 90 consecutive calendar days from the date of issuance of zoning permit, said zoning permit shall expire and be canceled by the administrative official and a building permit shall not be obtainable until a new zoning permit has been obtained.
(Ord. 2021-153, passed - -) Penalty, see § 153.999