Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) It shall be the duty of the Administrator to enforce these regulations and to bring any violations or lack of compliance to the attention of the Plan Commission and/or the Commission’s Attorney.
(2) No owner or agent of the owner, of any parcel of land located in a proposed subdivision shall transfer or sell any such parcel before a plat of such subdivision has been approved by the Plan Commission, in accordance with the provisions of these regulations, and filed with the County Recorder.
(3) The division of any lot or any parcel of land into a subdivision, as defined in this chapter, by the use of metes and bounds description for the purpose of sale, or transfer, or lease resulting in the creation of one or more new building sites shall not be permitted. All such described divisions shall be subject to all of the appropriate requirements of this chapter.
(4) No improvement location permit or building permit required under the Uniform Building Code, the Zoning Ordinance or this chapter, shall be issued on any property subject to this chapter in violation of the provisions of this chapter.
(B) Violations and penalties. Any person who violates a provision of this chapter or any regulations herein contained, shall be guilty of an infraction and, upon conviction, shall be fined not more than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) for each day’s violation.
(C) Restraining provisions.
(1) Any land within the Town of Cloverdale subdivided in violation of the terms of this chapter after the effective date hereof, is hereby declared to be a common nuisance, which may be restrained, enjoined or abated in any appropriate action or proceeding.
(2) The Plan Commission may institute an injunction suit requesting that an individual or governmental unit be directed to remove a structure erected in violation of this chapter, or to make the same comply with its terms. If the Plan Commission is successful in its suit, the respondent shall pay the Town of Cloverdale’s reasonable attorney fees and all costs related to the enforcement of this chapter.
(3) The Plan Commission may institute a suit for mandatory injunction requesting that an individual or governmental unit be directed, where such individual or governmental unit has violated any provisions of this chapter, to comply with the provisions of this chapter. If the Plan Commission is successful in its suit, the respondent shall pay the Town of Cloverdale’s reasonable attorney fees and all costs related to the enforcement of this chapter.
(Ord. 2011-07, passed - - )