Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Permitted Uses:
1. All uses within the General Floodplain Overlay District shall be permitted to the extent that they are not prohibited by any other chapter (or underlying zoning district) and provided they meet the applicable performance standards of the General Floodplain Overlay District.
2. Any uses which involve placement of structures, factory-built homes, fill or other obstructions, storage of materials or equipment, excavation or alteration of a watercourse shall be reviewed by the Department of Natural Resources to determine:
a. Whether the land involved is either wholly or partly within the Floodway Overlay or Floodway Fringe Overlay; and
b. The base flood elevation. The applicant shall be responsible for providing the Department of Natural Resources with sufficient technical information to make the determination.
3. Review by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources is not required for the proposed construction of new or replacement bridges or culverts where:
a. The bridge or culvert is located on a stream that drains less than one hundred (100) square miles, and
b. The bridge or culvert is not associated with a channel modification that constitutes a channel change as specified in 567-71.2(1)b, Iowa Administrative Code.
B. Performance Standards:
1. All uses, or portions thereof, to be located in the floodway as determined by the Department of Natural Resources shall meet the applicable provisions and standards of the Floodway Overlay District, section 11-11-4 of this chapter.
2. All uses, or portions thereof, to be located in the Floodway Fringe Overlay as determined by the Department of Natural Resources shall meet the applicable provisions and standards of the Floodway Fringe Overlay District, section 11-11-5 of this chapter. (Ord. 1067, 1-24-2019)