Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Registration required. The owner shall register an abandoned building with the Building and Neighborhood Services Division not later than 30 calendar days after any building in the city becomes abandoned or vacant as defined in this chapter. Failure to register an abandoned or vacant building or providing false information to the city shall be a violation of this chapter.
(B) Information. The registration shall include the following information:
(1) A description of the premises, including address;
(2) The names and addresses and current phone numbers of the owner or owners;
(3) The names and addresses of all known lien holders and all other parties with an ownership interest in the building;
(4) The name of the agent designated to act on the behalf of an out-of-town property owner to accept legal processes and notices, and to authorize repairs as required; and
(5) The period of time the building is expected to remain vacant and/or a plan and timetable to comply with applicable city codes.
(Ord. 2545, passed 10-25-2016)