Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Permit Required: Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it shall be unlawful for any person to affix an original art mural on any property located within the City without first obtaining a permit from the City. A fee for the permit shall be paid by the applicant in accordance with the City's consolidated fee schedule.
B. Original Art Mural Permit Application Process: The City Manager or designee shall approve any application for an original art mural that fully complies with the following standards:
1. Completed "Original Art Mural" application form, including the signature of the property owner and mural artist.
2. Three 8.5 inch x 11-inch copies of a concept plan drawn to scale, suitable for photocopying, that identify:
a. Property lines;
b. Building location and facade on which the mural will be located;
c. Names of street that abut site;
d. North arrow.
3. Three 8.5 inch x 11-inch copies of building elevations, drawn to scale, suitable for photocopying, that identify:
a. Location and dimensions of existing and proposed mural;
b. The building eave/cornice and roof line.
4. Details about how the mural is affixed to building facade.
5. Written description of material(s) used for the mural.
6. Stamped and addressed envelopes provided to the City, for the properties adjacent to the proposed mural location. The envelopes should include a copy of the application of the proposed mural and a copy of the concept plan.
7. Original art mural permit fee in accordance with the City's consolidated fee schedule. (Ord. 2018-15, 9-11-2018)