Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Clerk-Treasurer is both the Town Clerk and the Town Fiscal Officer.
(B) The Clerk-Treasurer may administer oaths, take depositions and take acknowledgments of instruments required by statute to be acknowledged.
(C) The Clerk-Treasurer shall do the following:
(1) Receive and care for all town money and pay the money out only on order of the Town Council;
(2) Keep accounts showing when and from what sources the Clerk-Treasurer has received town money, and when and to whom the Clerk-Treasurer has paid out town money;
(3) Prescribe payroll and account forms for all town offices;
(4) Prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers and employees shall be paid;
(5) Manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money;
(6) Prepare for the Town Council the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements and the proposed tax rate;
(7) Maintain custody of the town seal and the records of the Town Council;
(8) Issue all licenses authorized by statute and collect the fees fixed by ordinance;
(9) Serve as Clerk of the Town Council by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings;
(10) Administer oaths, take depositions and take acknowledgment of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee;
(11) Serve as clerk of the town court under I.C. 33-35-3-2, if the judge of the court does not serve as clerk of the court or appoint a clerk of the court under I.C. 33-35-3-1; and
(12) Perform all other duties prescribed by statute.