Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Director Of Public Works; Position Created: There is hereby created the office of director of public works, as appointed by the village president with the advice and consent of the board of trustees.
B. Powers And Duties: Under the direction of and as may be required by the village manager, it shall be the duty of the director of public works to:
(1) Reconstruct, repair and maintain all village streets, alleys, roads, sidewalks, and storm sewers, and other public improvements, property and facilities, and to keep the same in good order and repair;
(2) To have the same kept open, and free from all encroachments and debris;
(3) To oversee all reconstruction, repair and maintenance work on the streets, roads, sidewalks, alleys, storm sewers, easements and rights of way and to perform such other duties as may be required.
C. Additional Powers And Duties For Director Of Public Works:
(1) Waterworks: The reconstruction, repair and maintenance of the system of water mains and pipes, wells, pumping stations, grounds, buildings, storage facilities and appurtenances thereto, shall also be under the control of the director of public works.
(2) Special Duties: The director of public works shall perform special projects and such other duties as assigned and required. (Ord. 15-04-27)