Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Treasurer; Position Created: There is hereby created the office of village treasurer, and the director of finance shall serve as the village treasurer, as appointed by the village president with the advice and consent of the board of trustees.
B. Duties: In addition to the duties imposed by statute, the director of finance (village treasurer/budget officer) shall perform the following duties under the general direction of the village manager:
(1) Endorsement Of Warrants; Inadequate Funds: Endorse all warrants or other orders drawn against any fund in which there is no adequate balance of money on hand with the words "insufficient money in this fund", together with the date of presentation over the official signature, and reports all such orders or warrants immediately to the village board.
(2) Payment Of Warrants: Except when there is insufficient money in the particular village treasury fund on which drawn, pay all warrants or vouchers drawn by the order of the village board and which are properly signed by the village president and attested by the village clerk and properly endorsed by the payee thereof.
(3) Payment Of Interest: Pay any fund or interest coupon legally issued by the village and due and payable which shall be considered as a warrant duly authorized for payment by the village treasurer without further order or voucher.
(4) Reports And Meetings: Make such reports as may be required by the village manager or village board and attend any meeting of the village board upon the request of any member.
(5) Lien Waivers: Obtain appropriate waivers of lien as may be necessary prior to disbursement of funds. (Ord. 15-04-27)