Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Creation; Terms; Qualifications; Appointments:
(1) Creation: There be shall be an economic development commission which shall consist of five (5) members whose terms shall be for four (4) years. Such members shall be appointed by the village president with the advice and consent of the village board.
(2) Chairperson: The village president shall appoint one member as chairperson, with the advice and consent of the board of trustees.
(3) Residency: Commission members need not be residents of the village.
(4) Compensation: Commission members shall serve without compensation.
(5) Vacancies: Vacancies on the commission shall be filled for the unexpired term of the commission member whose place has become vacant in the same manner provided in this section for the appointment of such member.
(6) Staff Liaison: The staff liaison to the economic development commission shall be appointed by the village manager.
(1) Regular Meetings: Regular meetings of the economic development commission shall be held upon written notice from the chairperson, but not less frequently than once every three (3) months.
(2) Special Meetings: The chairperson or any two (2) commission members may call a special meeting of the commission by filing a written notice with the village clerk and deputy village clerk. This notice shall contain the time and place of the special meeting and a brief description of the business to be discussed. Notice of a special meeting shall be given in writing at least seventy two (72) hours in advance of the meeting.
C. Duties: The economic development commission shall, upon its own choosing or direction by the village board, perform the following duties:
(1) Develop services and programs to attract new and to expand existing business activities.
(2) Develop services and programs to assist in the retention of existing business facilities.
(3) Develop marketing plan for the community.
(4) Foster cooperation among the community resources and organizations in order to engender a coordinated and multifaceted approach to economic development.
(5) Promote communication with the community at large concerning the village's economic development.
(6) Submit reports to the village board detailing activities and accomplishments, state of the local economy and goals and objectives for economic development in the village.
(7) Evaluate changes to ordinance or policy that affect businesses.
(8) Perform other duties as assigned by the village board on an ad hoc basis. (Ord. 15-07-41)