Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Creation; Terms; Qualifications:
(1) There shall be created a downtown design review commission (for the purposes of this section to be referred to as the "commission") which shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the village president with the advice and consent of the board of trustees.
(2) Each member shall serve for a term of three (3) years, commencing on June 1 of the year of appointment.
(3) The terms of office of members shall be staggered so that the terms of not more than two (2) members expire each year. The village president shall appoint one member as chairperson, with the advice and consent of the board of trustees. Vacancies shall be filled for any unexpired terms in the same manner as for original appointments.
(4) All members shall serve without compensation.
(5) At least one of the members must be a licensed architect.
(6) Other members must have specific experience or knowledge in architecture, landscape architecture, urban or graphic design, or local history.
(7) Members of the commission shall reside within the village.
B. Meetings: The commission shall meet from time to time as needed. Notice of the meetings shall be given to the members of the commission at least five (5) days in advance of the meeting and published as may be required by Illinois statutes.
C. Powers And Duties: The commission shall have those powers, duties and authority as necessary to perform the design review functions as set forth in chapter 20 of this code relating to zoning regulations. In addition, the commission shall have the power, duty and authority to review and interpret the adopted design review guidelines for the downtown area and to recommend changes to those guidelines to the ZBA/PC, as set forth in section 3.4 of this chapter and the board of trustees.
D. Rules And Records: The commission may establish its own rules concerning the time, place and conduct of its meetings. The commission shall keep written records of its proceedings, which records shall be delivered to and maintained by the village clerk and shall be open at all times to inspection by the public. (Ord. 15-04-26)