Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Trespass: No owner shall:
(1) Permit any dog to enter or remain upon any premises not owned, occupied, or lawfully in the control of the owner within the village without the consent of the person owning, occupying, or lawfully in control of such premises. The animal in question is hereby declared a nuisance.
(2) Permit any cat to enter or remain upon any premises owned, occupied or lawfully in the control of another within the village upon a request by the person owning, occupying, or lawfully in control of such premises to the owner of the cat that the cat be removed. The animal in question is hereby declared a nuisance.
(3) Permit any animal to habitually or regularly snap, growl, snarl, jump on, hiss, spit on, or otherwise threaten persons lawfully using any street, sidewalk, passageway, play area, or other public right of way or place.
(4) Permit any animal to chase, run after, or jump at vehicles using public rights of way.
(5) Permit any animal to damage or destroy any property of another.
B. Cruel Treatment: No person shall beat, torment, treat cruelly, or otherwise abuse any animal.
C. Sport Fighting: No person shall own, capture, breed, train, or lease any animal which is intended for use in any activity involving a fight between such animal and any other animal or the intentional killing of any animal for the purpose of sport or entertainment.
D. Animals Prohibited: No person may own, harbor, or keep on any premises in the village, any horse, cow, pig, or any other farm animal.
E. Unwanted Animals: No owner may abandon an animal. Unwanted animals shall be offered to responsible persons for adoption or to an animal shelter or pound. If an unwanted animal is not accepted by either an animal shelter or pound, the animal shall be humanely dispatched to a licensed veterinarian. (Ord. 91-03-11)