Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Application For Commercial And Residential License: Application for the issuance or renewal of scavenger licenses required by subsection 32.1B of this Chapter shall be made to the Village Board of Trustees, on a form or forms prescribed by the Village Manager which shall provide information necessary to determine fully the applicant's satisfaction of the conditions for issuance of a license as set forth in subsection B of this Section.
B. Conditions For Issuance Of Licenses: To be eligible for a scavenger license, each applicant must submit evidence satisfactory to the Village, of the following:
(1) Service History: Proof of a satisfactory service history in the scavenger business, either within the Village or other communities, as evidenced by letters of reference from administrators of municipalities or significant private customers served by the applicant in the three (3) years prior to the application, and any other information applicant believes demonstrates adequate service history. The Village reserves the right to conduct an investigation of service history beyond the documentation provided by the applicant.
(2) Financial Responsibility: Financial responsibility of the applicant, as evidenced by financial statements of the named company servicing the Village, and any and all parent corporations and subsidiaries thereof, to a degree of detail sufficient to the Village Board, which statements demonstrate sufficient resources to meet the applicant's service obligations under the proposed license. Said financial statements shall cover the two (2) year period immediately preceding the application, and any additional period as required by the Village Manager.
(3) Equipment: The year, make, and model of each vehicle owned or leased by the applicant and proposed to be operated within the Village, together with evidence that such vehicle has a valid safety inspection certificate from the State and a statement that any such vehicle which has an obstructed view to the rear is equipped with a reverse noise alarm.
C. Issuance: The Village Manager shall review or cause to be reviewed all applications, and may require any applicant to submit additional information as may be deemed reasonably necessary to determine the applicant's qualifications. The Village Manager shall report promptly to the Village Board concerning pending applications. Any report related to applications for renewal of license shall include a summary of the licensee's past performance in the Village and elsewhere, complaints received, the licensee's response to complaints and other information relevant to the quality of service provided. (Ord. 90-06-09; amd. Ord. 93-04-02)
D. Fees, Bonds:
(1) Business License Fee: Every person, company or corporation granted such a license hereunder shall pay annually to the Village the sum as set forth in Schedule S32 of this Code, for each year its scavenger license to operate in the Village is in effect.
(2) Additional Fee Per Vehicle: In addition, each licensee shall pay the sum as set forth in Schedule S32 of this Code, for each and every vehicle operated in the Village for every year said licensee's scavenger license is in effect. Said fees shall be due and payable on the first day of each license year.
(3) Bonds And Insurance: The license shall also provide proof of all required bonds and insurance on an annual basis in amounts established by the Village Manager, or as set forth in an approved license agreement. (Ord. 90-06-09; amd. Ord. 93-04-02; 2000 Code)