Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Conduit: Only heavy wall rigid metal conduit or intermediate metallic conduit shall be used in all poured concrete on or below grade.
(1) Conduits smaller than three-quarter inch (3/4") in concrete are not permitted.
(2) EMT is not permitted in concrete or outdoors.
(3) PVC #40, rigid galvanized or intermediate conduit may be used for underground service.
B. Commercial Service: Minimum service size for commercial building shall be one hundred (100) amp, single phase or 3-phase.
C. Metallic Protection: Low voltage (not to exceed 50 volts) may be installed in plenums without metallic protection (except where passing through partitions or subject to mechanical injury) when cable listed by Underwriters' Laboratories, Inc. (UL) for this purpose is utilized.
D. Twin Or Tandem Breakers: Twin or tandem breakers are not acceptable for new work.
E. Construction Plans: Where new construction or alteration work involves electrical work of any type, the construction plans shall include a complete wiring plan that contains the following information:
(1) Number and locations of outlets.
(2) Size of wire and insulation type conduit.
(3) Number of circuits and their ampere rating.
(4) Location of service entrance equipment.
(5) Location of major appliances.
(6) Size of existing service.
(7) Location of all panel boards and cabinets.
(8) Sizes of all motors and power consuming equipment and their ratings.
(9) Electrically heated homes shall have the location and wattage of all heating equipment and the corresponding circuits.
(10) Specifications and locations for all exit and emergency lights.
(11) Provide schedule on lighting and power panels.
F. Village Review And Approval: All plans must be reviewed and approved by the Village. All installations must be approved by the electrical inspector in the field.
G. Ground Electrode Clamp: An approved nonferrous metal tag shall be attached to the ground electrode clamp giving warning against its removal.
H. Commercial Wiring: All commercial wiring shall be minimum no. 12-gauge wire, except low voltage wiring.
I. Thin Wall/Aluminum Heavy Wall Conduit: Thin wall (EMT) conduit shall not be used for electrical services. Aluminum heavy wall conduit, if used, shall be installed above grade only.
J. Switches: All rooms with multiple entrances or exits which are more than six feet (6') apart shall utilize 3-way or 4-way switches unless an alternate arrangement is approved by the building inspector.
K. Service Run Location: Service runs should not be located on chimneys or on fire or parapet walls.
L. Exterior Lighting: No exterior light fixture or fixtures shall be installed so as to cause light in excess of 0.5 foot-candle when measured on any adjacent residential property. (Ord. 18-12-27)