Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a development permit shall be presented to the Floodplain Administrator on forms furnished by him and may include but not be limited to plans in duplicate drawn to scale showing the location, dimensions, and elevation of proposed landscape alterations, existing and proposed structures, including the placement of manufactured homes, and the location of the foregoing in relation to areas of special flood hazard. Additionally, the following information is required:
(1) Elevation in relation to mean sea level, of the lowest floor, including basement, of all new and substantially improved structures;
(2) Description of the extent of which any watercourse or natural drainage will be altered or relocated as a result of proposed development.
(B) Approval or denial of a development permit by the Floodplain Administrator shall be based on all of the provisions of this chapter and the following relevant factors:
(1) The danger to life and property due to flooding or erosion damage;
(2) The susceptibility of the proposed facility and its contents to flood damage and the effect of such damage on the individual owner;
(3) The danger that materials may be swept onto other lands to the injury of others;
(4) The compatibility of the proposed use with existing and anticipated development;
(5) The safety of access to the property in times of flood for ordinary and emergency vehicles;
(6) The costs of providing governmental services during and after flood conditions including maintenance and repair of streets and bridges, and public utilities and facilities such as sewer, gas, electrical and water systems;
(7) The expected heights, velocity, dura- tion, rate of rise and sediment transport of the flood waters, and the effects of wave action, if applicable, expected at the site;
(8) The necessity to the facility of a waterfront location, where applicable;
(9) The availability of alternative locations, not subject to flooding or erosion damage, for pro-posed use; and
(10) The relationship of the proposed use to the comprehensive plan for that area.
(C) The Floodplain Administrator or City Council, as applicable, may approve certain development in Zones A or AE delineated on the Rogers County FIRM which increases the water surface elevation of the base flood by more than one foot, provided that the applicant for the development permit in that case first complies with 44 CFR § 65.12.
(`83 Code, § 12-314) (Ord. 87-10, passed 7-20-87; Am. Ord. 2012-03, passed 2-20-12)