Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Upon receipt of an application for a license pursuant to this chapter, the City Clerk shall make or cause to be made any inquiry or investigation that may be necessary to determine whether the applicant is in compliance with the provisions of all applicable laws and ordinances as well as other applicable provisions of this code.
(B) Upon completion of any investigation as provided for by this chapter, the Finance Director or his/her designee shall review the application to ensure:
(1) That the applicant or the applicant’s employer is a vendor registered with the Oklahoma Tax Commission, for the payment of sales tax, or that he or she has otherwise demonstrated that sales tax has been or is being paid on the items sold, or that the applicant or the applicant’s employer is exempt from payment of such tax;
(2) That the applicant or the applicant’s employer is aware of the responsibility to collect and pay sales tax, unless tax exempt;
(3) That the business operation described shall not endanger property, public or private; shall not obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic and shall not increase risks to public safety;
(C) Within 15 business days after receipt of the application, the City Clerk shall either approve or disapprove of the application. Grounds for disapproval shall be the following:
(1) A finding that the application is incomplete;
(2) Nonpayment of all applicable fees;
(3) Failure of the applicant to verify that he, she or it, is a vendor registered with the Oklahoma Tax Commission for the payment of sales tax; or that sales tax has been or is being paid on the items sold; or that he, she, or it, is otherwise exempt from payment of sales tax;
(4) A finding that the application is not in conformance with any other applicable provisions of the City of Claremore Code of Ordinances;
(5) The applicant is a person, required to be registered pursuant to the Oklahoma Sex Offenders Registration Act (57 O.S. §§ 581 et seq.), as amended; and
(6) The applicant shall not be subject to any outstanding warrants for arrest.
(Ord. 2016-28, passed 6-20-16)