Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Superintendent and EPA/state/CA/lab personnel shall have the right to enter the premises of any user to determine whether the user is complying with all requirements of this subchapter and any wastewater discharge permit or order issued hereunder.
(B) Users shall allow the Superintendent ready access to all parts of the premises for the purposes of inspection, sampling, records examination and copy-ing, and the performance of any additional duties.
(1) Where a user has security measures in force which require proper identification and clearance before entry into its premises, the user shall make necessary arrangements with its security guards so that, upon presentation of suitable identification, the Superintendent will be permitted to enter without delay for the purposes of performing specific responsibilities.
(2) The Superintendent shall have the right to set up on the user's property, or require installation of, such devices as are necessary to conduct sampling and/or metering of the user's operations.
(3) The Superintendent may require the user to install monitoring equipment as necessary. The facility's sampling and monitoring equipment shall be maintained at all times in a safe and proper operating condition by the user at its own expense. All devices used to measure wastewater flow and quality shall be calibrated at frequencies appropriate to ensure their accuracy.
(4) Any temporary or permanent obstruction to safe and easy access to the facility to be inspected and/or sampled shall be promptly removed by the user at the written or verbal request of the Superintendent and shall not be replaced. The costs of clearing such access shall be borne by the user.
(5) Unreasonable delays in allowing the Superintendent access to the user's premises shall be a violation of this subchapter.
(6) The Superintendent shall inspect the premises of each significant industrial user annually and shall sample wastewater effluents from each significant industrial user annually. The Superintendent shall perform additional inspections and sampling of user's premises and effluents, as necessary.
(C) The user shall pay to the city a fee of $50 for each sampling event, together with the cost to the city for the laboratory analysis of each sample analyzed. The fee provided for herein shall be due and payable upon receipt of an invoice therefor from the city.
(Ord. 93-5, passed 2-15-93; Am. Ord. 94-22, passed 7-18-94; Am. Ord. 2015-22, passed 10-5-15)