Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In addition to other acts required by law or by specific provision of this Charter to be done by ordinance, those acts of the City Council shall be by ordinance which:
(1) Adopt or amend an administrative code or establish, alter, or abolish any City department, office or agency;
(2) Provide for a fine or other penalty or establish a rule or regulation for violation of which a fine or other penalty is imposed;
(3) Grant, renew or extend a franchise;
(4) Regulate the rate charged for its services by a public utility;
(5) Authorize the borrowing of money;
(6) Convey or lease or authorize the conveyance or lease of any lands of the City;
(7) Regulate land use and development; and
(8) Amend or repeal any ordinance previously adopted.
(B) Acts other than those referred to in the preceding sentence may be done either by ordinance or by resolution.