Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Duties and responsibilities of the Floodplain Administrator shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Maintain and hold open for public inspection all records pertaining to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) Review permit application to determine whether to ensure that the proposed building site project. including the placement of manufactured homes, will be reasonably safe from flooding.
(3) Review, approve or deny all applications for development permits required by adoption of this chapter.
(4) Review permits for proposed development to assure that all necessary permits have been obtained from those Federal, State or local governmental agencies (including § 404 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972, 33 U.S.C. 1334) from which prior approval is required.
(5) Where interpretation is needed as to the exact location of the boundaries of the areas of special flood hazards (for example, where there appears to be a conflict between a mapped boundary and actual field conditions) the Floodplain Administrator shall make the necessary interpretation.
(6) Notify, in riverine situations, adjacent communities and the State Coordinating Agency, which is the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, prior to any alteration or relocation of a watercourse, and submit evidence of such notification to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
(7) Assure that the flood carrying capacity within the altered or relocated portion of any watercourse is maintained.
(8) When base flood elevation data has not been provided in accordance with § 151.11, the Floodplain Administrator shall obtain, review and reasonably utilize any base flood elevation data and floodway data available from a Federal, State or other source, in order to administer the provisions of §§ 151.30et seq., Provisions for Flood Hazard Reduction.
(9) Investigate and file violations of this chapter with the Municipal Court of the City of Chico, Texas.
(Ord. 3-06-07-1, passed 3-6-07)