Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Once a proposed enterprise zone is declared an enterprise zone, the administration of the zone, in relation to carrying out the provisions of this chapter only, shall be vested in the zone administrator.
(b) The powers and duties of the zone administrator shall be:
(1) To act as liaison between the city, the department of commerce and economic development, any other state agency, and federal agency, and any designated zone organizations within the zones under his jurisdiction;
(2) To supervise the implementation of the provisions of this chapter within the zones;
(3) To enter into contracts and other agreements on behalf of the city with designated zone organizations or any state or federal agency in carrying out the provisions of this chapter;
(4) To have such other powers and duties as specified in this chapter or as specified by either the mayor or the city council;
(5) To conduct an ongoing evaluation of the enterprise zone program, along with the department and to submit reports concerning the effectiveness of the zones annually to the city council;
(6) To assist the department in preparing rules and regulations concerning this chapter and in the enforcing of such rules and regulations; and
(7) To hire such staff as is necessary and to maintain an office within the zone, if he deems it necessary, to carry out the powers and duties of this section, subject to the limitations set forth in the city's annual appropriation ordinance.
(c) The zone administrator for all zones shall be the commissioner of planning and development of the city.
(Prior code § 201-6; Amend Coun. J. 12-11-91, p. 10936; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. VIII, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-17-10, p. 106597, Art. IX, § 10; Amend Coun. J. 11-26-13, p. 67481, Art. I, § 28)