Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Intent. The R-MH - Mobile Home Residential District is designed to provide for the placement of mobile homes, as defined in § 154.002, provided they meet the requirements as set forth in the definition and as further set forth in the following sections.
(`73 Code, 15.055, § 5.23)
(B) Principal permitted uses. In the R-MH - Mobile Home Residential District no building or land, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, shall be erected or used except for one or more of the following specified purposes:
(1) All uses permitted and as regulated in the R-lA and R-1B One-Family Residential District;
(2) Two-family dwellings;
(3) Mobile homes as defined in § 154.002 provided in addition, they meet the following requirements:
(a) Minimum square footage of living area - 600 sq. ft. without any additions or expansions of original unit;
(b) The mobile home must comply with all requirements of R-lA District as set forth in § 154.085 Schedule Limiting Height, Bulk, Density, and Area by Zoning District. Provided however, that in no case shall the front line of the structure be any closer to the front of the lot than the established front line of other R-lA dwellings on the same side of the street as the mobile home;
(c) Each separate dwelling shall provide a patio of approved materials and dimensions which shall be a minimum of 120 sq. ft. Patio shall be located in such a manner as to be contiguous with the main entrance door to the structure but in no case shall any part of the patio be any closer to the front lot line than front most part of the structure.
(d) Each separate dwelling shall provide a minimum of 100 sq. ft. of storage space. Storage space requirements may be met in the following manner:
1. A separate accessory building which shall be located in such a way as to conform to minimum set back requirements.
2. Basement space which shall conform to the provisions of the definitions as set forth in § 154.002; in no case, however, shall any material be stored or placed under any portion of a mobile home which is located on a slab.
3. Accessory building which is generally used for a garage may use that space which is in excess of that space used for parking requirements. Parking requirements are hereby defined as 165 sq. ft. per car.
(e) Any additions to the main structure shall conform to all provisions of the Uniform Building Code, published by the International Code Council, and adopted by the State of Michigan in Public Act 230, § 4, of 1972, being M.C.L.A. § 125.1504, provided however, that in no case shall the existence of any additional structure lessen the provisions or standards as set forth in the mobile home code of the State of Michigan, Public Act 96, § 5, of 1987, being M.C.L.A. §§ 125.2305, M.A.C. R.125.1101 et seq.
(`73 Code, 15.056, § 5.24)
(C) Permits and permit fees. In the R-MH - Mobile Home Residential District no building shall be erected, placed on the land, or occupied unless and until the following permits have been obtained from the Building Department in the city:
(1) The person or persons desiring to place a mobile home in R-MH - Mobile Home Residential District shall first apply to the City Building Department for a building or placement permit on a form provided for by the Building Department which will include in the building permit a site plan showing the placement of the mobile home as it affects the proposed building site.
(2) Prior to the occupancy of said mobile home after it has been placed on the proposed building site, the party or parties desiring to occupy said mobile home on the proposed building site shall first obtain an occupancy certificate from the Building Department for the city which shall be provided at no charge to the party or parties desiring to occupy the mobile home, on the land site; provided that no occupancy certificate shall be issued until it is determined by the Building Department, after an inspection, that all requirements as set forth in this ordinance have been complied with.
(`73 Code, 15.057, § 5.25)
(D) Zoning map. The zoning map of the city shall be amended from time to time to provide proper designations of R-MH - Mobile Home Residential Districts.
(`73 Code, 15.058, § 5.26)
(Ord. eff. 8-1-67; Am. Ord. passed 1973; Am. Ord. eff. 11-19-75; Am. Ord. eff. 1-31-83)