Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No sign shall be erected, installed, replaced or reconstructed on any lot, parcel, or structure, unless or until a permit has been issued by the city for such sign.
(B) Application for a sign permit shall be submitted to the city on appropriate forms supplied by the city. The application shall contain the following information:
(1) Name, address and telephone number of applicant;
(2) Written permission of property owner, if other than an on-premises sign;
(3) Type of sign or sign structure, as defined in this chapter;
(4) Sketch showing sign size, height, type of support (if applicable) and zone district in which sign is located, location of sign on property including front and side yard setback distances and any other information required herein;
(5) Street address of the property upon which the sign is proposed to be located;
(6) The name of the sign contractor, who shall erect the sign and/or sign structure.
(C) The following signs shall not require permits:
(1) Residential signs that include the name of the resident or residence and the address, when such sign surface area is less than two square feet in display area, per side;
(2) Real estate sign that is placed upon a property advertising that particular property for sale, rent or lease;
(3) Political signs and temporary non-illuminated signs advertising sales, bazaars, etc., for a period not to exceed 30 days.
(Ord. passed 6-14-88)