Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A person engaging in a real estate transaction, or a real estate broker or salesman, shall not on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, familial status, or disability of a person or a person residing with that person:
(1) Refuse to engage in a real estate transaction with a person;
(2) Discriminate against a person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of a real estate transaction or in the furnishing of facilities or services in connection therewith;
(3) Refuse to receive from a person or transmit to a person a bona fide offer to engage in a real estate transaction;
(4) Refuse to negotiate for a real estate transaction with a person;
(5) Represent to a person that real property is not available for inspection, sale, rental or lease when in fact it is so available, or knowingly fail to bring a property listing to a person's attention, or refuse to permit a person to inspect real property;
(6) Print, circulate, post, mail or otherwise cause to be published a statement, advertisement, notice or sign, or use a form of application for a real estate transaction, or make a record of inquiry in connection with a prospective real estate transaction, which indicates, directly or indirectly, an intent to make a preference, limitation, specification, or discrimination with respect thereto;
(7) Offer, solicit, accept, use or retain a listing of real property with the understanding that a person may be discriminated against in a real estate transaction or in the furnishing of facilities or services in connection therewith.
(B) This section is subject to § 92.03.
(`73 Code, 18.201, § 6.201) (Ord. eff. 9-17-84) Penalty, see § 92.99