Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any utility company operating trucks or other vehicles within the city for utility maintenance purposes, may secure from the city a parking permit for each of the vehicles so used in the city which permit shall be in lieu of all parking meter charges.
(B) Parking permits shall be issued as follows:
(1) The City Clerk shall issue a parking permit upon application from a utility company upon payment of fees as hereinafter specified;
(2) Each parking permit shall identify the utility company owner and the motor vehicle license number of the vehicle for which it is issued;
(3) Each parking permit shall be valid for a period of one year from and after March 1 of each year;
(4) Applicants shall pay a fee for each parking permit as established by resolution of the City Council from time to time upon recommendation of the City Manager;
(5) Each parking permit shall be valid for one vehicle;
(6) Each parking permit shall be displayed on the vehicle in a visible place on the right hand side of the windshield when in use; and
(7) Each parking permit shall be valid only when it is necessary to park the vehicle for utility company maintenance or servicing.
(C) The utility company shall furnish plastic bags to cover the parking meter.
(`73 Code, 20.144, § 10.14) (Am. Ord. eff. 7-13-81)