Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of this district is to support the future development of the 200 block of W. Garfield (north side) and the 200 block of W. Lincoln (south side) where industrial uses have been present in the past and commercial development currently exists, surrounded by residential uses.
(B) Applicability. This overlay district shall include the following addresses (see Zoning Map):
(1) 204 and 208 W. Lincoln; and
(2) 205 and 207 W. Garfield.
(1) Restaurants, not including drive-through establishments;
(2) Convenience stores;
(3) Grocery stores;
(4) Storage buildings not to exceed 3,000 square feet;
(5) Single-family residential;
(6) Furniture, carpet, appliance or similar use stores; and
(7) Retail stores.
(D) Other regulations. The Planning Commission, upon request, may determine if a proposed use not listed above is similar to, or comparable to, the permitted uses in Table 153.086. If the Planning Commission determines a proposed use is not similar or comparable to the permitted uses, the applicant may apply for a special use permit. The Planning Commission may issue a special use permit provided that the proposed use is found to generate commercial activity in accordance with the purpose of this section and it meets the requirements for special land use permits in §§ 153.250 through 153.257 of this chapter.
(E) Dimensional requirements.
(1) Setbacks. The minimum setback requirements are as follows:
(a) Front: 15 feet;
(b) Sides: ten feet; and
(c) Rear: 20 feet.
(2) Height. The maximum permitted building height shall be 26 feet.
(3) Lot coverage. The maximum lot coverage shall not exceed 50% of the total lot.
(Prior Code, § 5.42)