Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) There is hereby created pursuant to the provisions of I.C. 36-7-12-4, and all amendments and supplements to the original act of 1971, a Department of Development, which shall be under the control of a commission to be known as the Chandler Economic Development Commission and which shall be for the Town of Chandler, Indiana.
(B) The Commission shall consist of 3 members who shall be appointed as follows:
(1) One of the members so appointed shall be selected by the President of the Board of Trustees.
(2) One of the members so appointed shall be nominated by the County Council of Warrick County, Indiana.
(3) One of the members so appointed shall be nominated by the Town Council of the Town of Chandler, Indiana.
(C) After the adoption of this subchapter creating the Chandler Economic Development Commission, the Clerk-Treasurer shall promptly notify the executive officers required to make selections and the governing bodies required to make nominations as provided in this subchapter.
(D) The executive officers required to make selections and the governing bodies required to make nominations shall do so within 15 days after receiving the notice and each of the selectees and nominees shall be appointed by the President of the Board of Trustees within 10 days after the selection or nomination.
(E) (1) The members of the Economic Development Commission shall take office upon their appointment and their terms shall run the following number of years from February 1 following their original appointment:
(a) The Commissioner selected and appointed by the President of the Board of Trustees shall serve for a period of 3 years from the date;
(b) The Commissioner nominated by the Board of Trustees of the Town of Chandler shall serve for a period of 2 years from the date; and
(c) The Commissioner nominated by the Warrick County Council shall serve for a period of 1 year from the date.
(2) At the expiration of the respective term of each of the Commissioners originally appointed, their respective successors shall be selected and nominated in the same manner as the original appointee, and before the expiration of his or her term.
(3) Each succeeding member of the Commission shall serve for a term of 4 years from the time of commencement of his or her term.
(4) In the event that the Board of Trustees of the Town of Chandler or the Warrick County Council shall fail to make a nomination within the time specified herein, the President of the Board of Trustees may select and appoint a person without a nomination.
(5) In the event any person appointed as Commissioner shall fail to qualify within 10 days after the mailing to him or her of the notice of his or her appointment, or if any Commissioner, after
qualifying, shall die, resign or vacate the office or be removed, a new Commissioner shall be selected or nominated and appointed to fill the vacancy in the same manner as the Commissioner in respect to whom the vacancy occurs, and the Commissioner so appointed shall serve for the remainder of the vacated term.
(6) Commissioners shall hold over after the expiration of their terms until their respective successors have been duly appointed and have qualified.
(F) Commissioners shall receive no salaries but shall be entitled to reimbursement for any expenses necessarily incurred in the performance of their duties.
(Ord. 1980-2, passed 3-17-1980)