Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Legislative findings and policy.
(1) The Town Council of the Town of Chandler, Indiana, hereinafter referred to as the Town Council, finds, determines, and declares that the network of natural surface watercourses, natural streams, and constructed drains in the Town of Chandler, Indiana, provides for the collection, conveyance, storage, treatment, discharge, and disposal of storm water, and thereby benefits and serves all property within the various watersheds contributing storm water to the storm water drainage network.
(2) The benefits include, but are not limited to, the provision of adequate collection, conveyance, detention, retention, treatment, and release of storm water, the reduction of hazards to life and property resulting from storm water runoff, the improvements in general health, safety, and welfare through reduction of undesirable storm water condition, and the improvements to the quality of storm water arriving through the storm water drainage network to the receiving waters of the state and navigable water of the United States.
(B) Purpose. The purpose of this subchapter is:
(1) To enable the Town of Chandler, Indiana, to comply with federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting requirements for storm water discharges from constructions sites;
(2) To prevent or eliminate the discharge of contaminated storm water runoff from construction sites into storm water conveyances owned or operated by the Town of Chandler, or into waters of the state, and waters of the United States;
(3) To establish a procedure that requires submittal, review, and approval of construction plans in accordance with 327 I.A.C. 15-5 before the commencement of construction activities at project sites where land disturbance will be to equal or greater than 1 acre;
(4) To establish a procedure that offers the Warrick County Soil and Water Conservation District an opportunity to make technical comments and recommendations on individual plans for project sites regulated by this subchapter;
(5) To establish a process that ensures the implementation of appropriate control measures and management practices at construction sites through guidance, assistance, inspection, evaluation, plan modification, enforcement, and penalty when necessary to ensure compliance with regulations under this subchapter;
(6) To require regular and appropriate training and certification for persons involved in reviewing plans, inspecting project sites, evaluating control measures, making corrective recommendations, directing work, supervising personnel, or otherwise assuming a technical, professional, managerial, or administrative role in the Town of Chandler's construction site runoff control program;
(7) To establish procedures and a tracking system for the receipt, consideration, documentation, and response by appropriate staff to information, comments, and inquires from the public regarding construction sites and storm water quantity and quality issues; and
(8) To establish measurable goals for attainment of applicable code requirements.
(Ord. 2006-6, passed - -; Am. Ord. 2008-10, passed 11-17-2008)